Mr. Miller, Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Lovett Miller & Co., is a leading venture capitalist focused on investments in privately-held, emerging growth companies in the healthcare and technology segments. Companies financed by partnerships where Mr. Miller has served as General Partner have created over 30,000 jobs. Seven of the companies financed by Mr. Miller have completed initial public offerings and many more have completed successful exits through strategic sales. Some prominent examples include:
- Centennial HealthCare Corporation - IPO
- K&G Men's Centers, Inc. - IPO
- United Dental Care, Inc. - IPO
- Sigma International General Medical Apparatus, LLC's sale to Baxter International for $259 million
- MED3000 Group Inc.'s sale to McKesson Corporation for $195 million
- Proxima Therapeutics, Inc. sale to Cytyc Corporation for $192 million
- Employease, Inc. sale to Automatic Data Processing, Inc. for $155 million
- PeopleClick, Inc. sale to Bedford Funding, Inc. for $100 million
- 360 Commerce, Inc. sale to Oracle Corporation for $92 million
Prior to co-founding Lovett Miller & Co., Mr. Miller served as a General Partner of South Atlantic Venture Partners II, Limited Partnership and South Atlantic Venture Partners III, Limited Partnership. Prior to entering the venture capital business, Mr. Miller worked in investment banking at Bowles Hollowell Conner & Co. in Charlotte, NC, and Morgan Stanley & Co. Incorporated in New York City. Mr. Miller worked in sales and marketing for BellSouth Corporation prior to attending graduate school.
Mr. Miller earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics with honors and distinction from Sewanee: The University of the South, where he received the Phillip Evans Award for the Outstanding Economics Graduate, the Atlee Henkel Hoff Scholarship, and the Eugene M. Kayden Scholarship. He also was elected to membership in Phi Beta Kappa and Omicron Delta Epsilon, and was a letterman on the Sewanee Tiger football team. Mr. Miller received a Master of Business Administration degree from the Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration where he was awarded a Little Family Foundation Fellowship.
Mr. Miller has been a member of Young President's Organization (YPO) and is also an Eagle Scout. Mr. Miller has also served on the board of directors of Florida Venture Forum, Tampa Bay Technology Forum, and The University of South Florida Center for Entrepreneurship.